IT Outsourcing Optimization and Turnarounds
UNBIASED INDEPENDENT EXPERTISE AND ADVICE
- Optimize/Turnaround IT Outsourcing
- Is your outsourcing strategy aligned with your business goals?
- Is your outsourcing delivering business value?
- Are you leveraging emerging business models and technologies?
- Does automation make sense for some or all the functions?
- Should you rebalance your on-shore/offshore mix of projects?
- Are there process and operations efficiencies you could be gaining?
- Can you improve your governance and metrics?
- Can you leverage lower cost locations within the US?
- IT Re-shoring
- Should you bring all or some IT development and services work back to the U.S. from overseas?
- How do you decide? What are the business issues?
- What are process and operations issues?
- Should you automate?
- Should you consider lower cost locations within the US?
- How do you manage transition risks?
- Improve your staff’s ability to work with offshore teams: Hands on workshop.
- Assess/Improve software development processes: Ensure ROI from software engineering. Improve costs, delivery schedules. Customize industry best practices to your situation.
Tangible, Measurable Results
While advice is inherent in what I do, my deliverable is tangible and measurable results. I have helped a number of companies improve their business performance by leveraging global outsourcing strategy. Two examples:
- Under my leadership, we achieved 14% improvement in EPS at a Fortune 500 technology company by effectively deploying global teams.
- Helped a Silicon Valley software company turnaround their business by using global teams for some software development and IT services.
Experience: 30 years in Silicon Valley
- Fortune 500 corporation executive responsible for software development, program management and global outsourcing. Founder/CEO of a startup. Outsourcing/offshoring advisor.
- Author of a book on offshoring, several white papers and articles, invited speaker at conferences.
- Instructor at Rady of School of Management at UC San Diego focusing on executive education.
Companies I have worked with – a partial list
HP/Tandem, Brocade, Oracle/Hyperion, Bottom Line Technologies, NMS Communications, TiVo, Oracle/Agile, Hanover Insurance, MetLife, John Hancock, Biogen
How I work with you
- One price covers agreed scope of work, or time and materials if you prefer.
- Work includes extended team (colleagues and experts) which I call in as needed for specific needs.
- Consult or work as interim executive on your staff to achieve project goals - whatever best fits your needs.
I would like to setup an introductory Executive to Executive information exchange meeting or phone call. While I am open to discussing any topic of interest to you, two that could be productive are: Successful approaches I have utilized in the past for clients, Approaches to address issues you may have. Of course, initial consultations are at no charge. I look forward to hearing from you!
M. M. (Sath) Sathyanarayan, Principal, Sath Associates LLC. Silicon Valley and San Diego